Thursday, April 12, 2007

Walking [random]

The night was dusty and the air was filled with the glow of halogen lights. I got off from the jeepney and made my way past the angry cars and into our subdivision. I walked past the tricycle stop, opting to walk home instead.

There's a street, where dogs bark at night. People say that spirits pass by that road everyday. It sounds silly, but the night was so powerful and the air blew against me, seeming to resist my every step, that I couldn't help but believe it that night. I walked across the road, past the cracked concrete and gnarled trees and found myself standing between two dead trees. They stood there, one at each side of the road, framing it like some ghastly portrait. The wind held my legs, and I had to lift them up step by intense step until I made it past the two guardians.
I let go of the breath I'd been holding.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home